Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can they revoke a 2nd interview??

I am applying for a job in the city, the 1st interview I attended last week. At the interview itself I was invited back in again, and told they would call.



Yesterday, they called and asked me if I could see them this week. Now - my boss wont let me out for anything till next week due to holidays and the office being short staffed, which I explained to the potential new employers. They promised to phone back to see what they can do, but i've yet to hear anything.



Thing is, a friend of mine has now emailed me saying they wanted to make a decision by the end of the week - its got me in a panic. Have I blown my chances because I cant get the time off work? What would the best way to deal with this situation be? I'm emailing the lady who's dealing with the vacancy, but not sure what to ask, etc. Any help please!! I need this job!!